Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

1st Battalion Devonshire Regiment

flintman

Can any forum member provide a link to a trench map showing the precise location of the 1st Btn.on 3/9/16 ?

I believe they were fighting at Wedge Wood - Somme Region ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Clive

Hi Clive,

Regret can't give you a precise trench location of the 1st. Devons on the 3rd. Sept, 16 but they were in support of the 13th./15th. Brigades . The latter two brigades 13th. & then the 15th attacked Falfemont Farm with little success initially but later took the Farm .Valley trench was taken by the 1st. E. Surreys & two companies of the Devons passed through & entered Leuze Wood.

No doubt some expert on the Devons would have further info.

Colin.

Clive

I've drawn a rough sketch of positions on a digital trench map but it's too big to attach here; can you provide an email addres here or PM me with one so I can email you it. I can also provide you with the section of the war diary from which I've plotted all the points if that's of use.

I hope this will be of help

(another) Colin

Can any forum member provide a link to a trench map showing the precise location of the 1st Btn.on 3/9/16 ?

I believe they were fighting at Wedge Wood - Somme Region ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Clive

Clive

I've drawn a rough sketch of positions on a digital trench map but it's too big to attach here; can you provide an email addres here or PM me with one so I can email you it. I can also provide you with the section of the war diary from which I've plotted all the points if that's of use.

I hope this will be of help

(another) Colin

[Hi Colin, You will find my email address in your "In Box" - your help and that of the other Colin much appreciated. Clive]