Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Enos Waite

Suzyq

I am currently searching for my Great grandfather Enos Waite he lived in Aston Warwickshire. B. 1779.I have a medal card from National Archives for EA Waite but not totally sure if it is him. It says Army Service Corps T4/059654. It shows The British and Victory medals.

His brother was in the Welsh Fusiliers Ambrose Waite.

If any one can help would appreciate it.

I am supposing he did serve on a unit in an operational theatre abroad,with having the Victory and the British Medal

Thanks

Suzyq

Hello Suzy,

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, the medal record card you have is perhaps for Arthur Enos Waite, whose birth was registered in Warwickshire in the first quarter of 1901. He died in 1977. There is also an Enos Waite born in Warwickshire in 1878, {died 1959}and an Enos William Waite born in Bedfordshire in 1889, {died 1964}. Not sure which of these is yours, you have put in the wrong date of birth. There is a medal record card for Enos W Waite, in the Machine Gun Corps.

Regards,

Alf McM

Hello Suzy,

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, the medal record card you have is perhaps for Arthur Enos Waite, whose birth was registered in Warwickshire in the first quarter of 1901. He died in 1977. There is also an Enos Waite born in Warwickshire in 1878, {died 1959}and an Enos William Waite born in Bedfordshire in 1889, {died 1964}. Not sure which of these is yours, you have put in the wrong date of birth. There is a medal record card for Enos W Waite, in the Machine Gun Corps.

Regards,

Alf McM

Hi Alf It's definitely the Enos b.Warwickshire born 21/8/1878, dying 1959, how have you found the info please ?

Hello Suzy,

The information is all on 'Ancestry', but the birth and death details may be available on 'Free BMD'. It is still possible Enos served in the Army, even though he wasn't awarded any medals. He may be mentioned on a local war memorial, some of them list everyone who served, not only those who died.

If your grandparents had any children born during the war then Enos's unit and possibly service number may be mentioned. Have you tried the naval records available online at the National Archives? He may have served in the Navy.

Regards,

Alf McM.

I have his birth and death details and as I think I said he was born in 1878 and died in 1959 but can't find his miltary record other than the EA Waite one pretty sure it was an army uniform but will try the others just in case. Know it was a flat cap and he would have been about 35 yrs old.But you had found an Enos in Warwickshire. In relation to military ? or on something else. I am a member of Find My Past and a friend is on Ancestry.co.uk but neither of us can find him for the 1911 census or for his military record

Thanks for your help