Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

IV Corps

CROONAERT

Without having to dig out the war diaries, is there any website/book that lists (or person on here who knows!) the various locations (just the name of the town) of IV Corps Headquarters between September 1915 (Vaudricourt) and the end of the war, please?

Thanks.

dave.

is there any website/book that lists (or person on here who knows!) the various locations (just the name of the town) of IV Corps Headquarters between September 1915 (Vaudricourt) and the end of the war,

Apparently not! :rolleyes:

Dave

Apparently the following

6.6.16 -Coupigny

1.12.16 - Bouzincourt

12.2.17 - Moureuil ? hard to read

20.2.17 - Cayeux

19.3.17 - Roziers

29.3.17 - Voyennnes

1.6.17 - Avnes-Les-Bapaume

28.8.17 - Ytres

1.12.17 to rest @ Raincheval

15.12.17 - Achiet le Grand

Jan'18 - Grevilliers

23.3.18 - Mailly Maillet

26.3.18 - Marieux

This is based on the assumption that the IV Corps HA were adjacent to/within the IV Corps HQ. I have double checked as far as I can and this appears to be correct. I'll repeat that bit, appears to be correct.

The period 26 May to 4 June'17 is a bit odd in that the Anzac Corps was relieved by IV Corps. However the Anzac HA stayed in the line until relieved by IV Corps HA a few days later, so dates and places may be a bit off.

With regard to dates, these are dates that I can say where they were, they may have arrived a few days earlier in some instances but there are holes in the records so I can't be 100%.

Stuart

Thanks very much for that, Stuart.

dave