Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Uniform / cap badge id help required

Chris_Baker

A Visitor to the Long, Long Trail has sent me this pic. One of th emen is known to have been killed with 1st Buffs, but this looks pre-war. I'd be grateful for any comments on the uniform and badge. I'm afraid that the image is as large and clear as I can make it.

post-1-1265364767.jpg

Chris - can you close-up on the badge on the hat (Broderick?) on the thigh of the seated chap? Looks - at a wild guess -as if it might be Bedfordshire, but it's very indistinct.

I Dont know if it could be possible but the Badge has a look of the 10th London {Hackney Rifles} about it,it appears to be "Crowned" which would discount Bedfordshire Regt,but does look to be a Star with a "Riband" @ the foot of it & Crown on top,in the shoulders of the Star....?

Devonshire Regt??

Too big for Devonshire Regt. Bedfordshire Regt was my 1st thought as well, but unless somone can come up with a larger pic. I think we can only guess. Cheers, Paul.

There's distortion on the presentation of the badge, and the facings might hold a clue, but might it just be the Suffolk Regiment?

There's distortion on the presentation of the badge, and the facings might hold a clue, but might it just be the Suffolk Regiment?

hi

its looks like the Bedfordshire Regiment as the bottom scroll is the right shape and the rest of the badge is in line with the design for that regiment also the tunic facings appear to be white,

hope this helps