Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

King's School, Canterbury RoH website

Hambo

Dear All

Below is the link to a website which has been released this week commemorating the former puils of the King's School in Canterbury. Many of you have been incredibly generous in sharing your expertise and in sharing the information you've gathered which has made this possible. Three of us including the school archivist have put this together and it includes photos from the archives some in uniform and, if not, when they were boys in their teens which have not seen the ligt of day before.

It goes without saying that there may be the odd howler in there and I would very much appreciate any corrections or additions from those of you who find your unit or a man you've been researching and can put us right.

As a result of our research four names (three Great War and one from WW2) will be added to the memorial and it will be rededicated with their names in November.

I jope the layout aids the researcher as it was done with that in mind in that we have listed the units next to the names, so you can find any units you are particularly interested in very quickly.

There is still more to add which I will try to do in the next couple of weeks.

There is simply not enough space to thanks everyone who took time out to answer my enquiries, you know who you are and please accept my heart felt thanks.

Best regards and many thanks as always

John (Hambo)

http://www.hambo.org/kingscanterbury/

Excellent work John. Big pats on the back to you and Edward Holman for seeing this through to a very commendable conclusion.

Regards,

Jonathan S

Great site

I know only too well just how much time & effort goes into a project like this so well done

Andy

John

An excellent site. I had occasion to contact the King's School librarian some ten years ago whist researching Lt Vernon Austin, and received a great deal of help. I hope the site continues prosper.

TR

John

This an excellent site and a very fine example for those of us embarking on similar projects. You have all worked extremely hard and many thanks again for your contribitions to my project

My very best Wishes

Caryl

Thanks for all the encouragement, it's always nice to get if from the experts!

Isn't WW2 hard to do? We felt we absolutely had to do it and the crew on WW2talk were very helpful. Seems much harder to find stuff on and harder to pin the man down. I suppose because it was so global.

Anyway thanks again

Regards John

• spof changed the title to King's School, Canterbury RoH website