Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

42nd MGC war Diary

andy17191

Does anybody have a copy of 42nd Bn Machine Gun Corps war diary. I'm particularly interested in the period between January and November 1918.

I beleive that it is in document WO95/2650, but I'm a long way from Kew!

Thanks

Andy

(This is a copy of a post I put on document request last night, just to try another tack!)

• 3 weeks later...
Does anybody have a copy of 42nd Bn Machine Gun Corps war diary. I'm particularly interested in the period between January and November 1918.

I beleive that it is in document WO95/2650, but I'm a long way from Kew!

Thanks

Andy

(This is a copy of a post I put on document request last night, just to try another tack!)

Bud, unless i've misunderstood what i've seen on another website then the 42nd MGC wasn't formed until late Feb 1918.. if that's right then might there not be 7 or 8 weeks from a different diary that could contain what you're looking for?

Here's the link to that site if you want to check it out: www.1914-1918.net/42div.htm

Regards

mick

Hi Mick, and thanks for the reply.

The problem is that I don't know which unit he was in before 42nd MGC, so I'm trying to work backwards!

I know that he died whilst attached to them, but don't know exactly what he was doing up until then (ie, what diary to search?)

Andy