Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

DCM/BWM/VICT Medals to C.S.MJR A.W Barker

herbie4798

Hi all, Just looking for the wherabouts of the DCM/BWM and Vict medal for C.S.MJR A.W Barker Rifle Brigade. He was attached to the 1/10th London Regiment for his duration of the War. I have done tonnes of research on him but looking for his Missing Medals. If anyone has seen them or has them id love to hear from you.

Best regards

James

Hi Peter,

Yes this is him. Many thanks for taking the time to go through your records. Barker was awarded his Ribbon of the Medal of St George at a field parade on the 12th Nov 1916. Hope this is of use to your records. I know each medal had its own number so would be impossible to find. He was also entitled to a QSA 3clasps whilst serving with 4th Rifle Brigade.

James

Hi Peter,

Yes this is him. Many thanks for taking the time to go through your records. Barker was awarded his Ribbon of the Medal of St George at a field parade on the 12th Nov 1916. Hope this is of use to your records. I know each medal had its own number so would be impossible to find. He was also entitled to a QSA 3clasps whilst serving with 4th Rifle Brigade.

James

Hi James

Are his service/pension papers available? These may have the medal No on them.

I have not been able to get service/pension papers for any of my research projects, so can not say if that is a possible way of finding the No.

I have a 4th cl awarded to a British Red Cross nurse serving in Russia & it was given to her in June 1917 & hers is numbered 472513.

He may not have had his actually handed to him until later.

I have a notation on my list that the 15 Star sold on speedbid, hope that was you. I will keep an eye out for the rest.

Hope this helps

Peter

Hi Peter,

Yes I have his 15 star. Shame there is another 5 medals missing, But just maybe i will come across some of them over time. I cant seem to find any service/pension records as of yet. All the information is from research material I have, Diaries/Books etc. Im unsure as to when the medal was actually awarded as it is was just the ribbon presented to him. He was discharged in 1918.

James

Hi Peter,

Yes I have his 15 star. Shame there is another 5 medals missing, But just maybe i will come across some of them over time. I cant seem to find any service/pension records as of yet. All the information is from research material I have, Diaries/Books etc. Im unsure as to when the medal was actually awarded as it is was just the ribbon presented to him. He was discharged in 1918.

James

Hi James

Just to let you know there are only approx 125 Gazetted awards of the 2nd Cl.

Hope you pick up the rest of his group, it would be nice to have it all back together.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the info you have provided, Much appreciated. Quite a rare award then it seems.

All the best

James