Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

North Antrim UVF Regt.

Desmond7

Some time ago, I was given a number of CDs on which images of various pre-war Ulster Volunteers documents were stored.

Until recently, I had been unable to open these files but thanks to my new PC and Win7(?), I can now do so ...

AND while rummaging around amongst all the names and having a jolly good time .. I came across me granda's name, (he was in C Coy) regtl. number and UVF badge number!!

Have lists for members from Ballymena and District. It may be of use to someone, sometime.

The CD has helped me to confirm lots of WW1 casualty and enlistment details.

post-1582-1263589637.jpg

Some of the regtl. orders (written by Lord Adair ..father of General Sir Allan Adair) are incredible - talk about a revolution!!!!! Major league stuff.

Space cleared in PM box if needed Mark.

Ulster ... it's unreal!! Having geat fun.

Des

Great stuff indeed Des. It's a real pity it wasn't East or West Down then I would be battering down your door.

"Ulster ... It's unreal!!" - It might not seem real to you/us but it was very real to those living at the time. I have also read a number of items/letters etc that did make me think "is this for real, did they really think this through" but then looking back from where we are today, we have the benefit of hindsight, we can afford the luxury, but it really was very very real to them at the time.

Regards, Tommy.

Just an example - working my way through a huge folder of these!

And if forum member Inniskilling comes across this ... look about halfway down at Samuel Currie ... it may interest you!!!

post-1582-1264418384.jpg

Hi there Des, just great, I would like to thank you so mutch, it is like been in a sweety shop all the very best yours Inniskilling