Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Ghost Soldier.

Guest redrum

Guest redrum

Some time ago I saw in a book concerned with the paranormal a photo from 1919 which showed a gathering of RFC personnel at an English airdrome. The caption stated that the photo clearly showed a head and shoulders in the back row of the servicemen of a man who had been dead for some short time.The figure is wedged between two soldiers and very slightly blurred but was- the caption said -instantly recognised by his former and astonished comrades. Can anyone give any further information or comment on this?

Spooky!

fits your name!!!

Isn't it something Jack Nicholson writes on the wall? - REDRUM is MURDER backwards.

:o Is this an X FILE ????

Thanks Shinglma - I thought it might be to do with the film.

Always knew Red Rum was murder backwards, from being a longtime fan of the Grand National. And that was before the film was ever made.

RedRum

I think that photograph was featured on South Today (regional news) a number of years ago, since it was, I believe, taken at RFC/RAF Fort Grange, Gosport, in 1919 (present day site of HMS Sultan, RN Mechs' college) or at Daedalus, a (former) RN establishment with a long association with the FAA.

Cheers

Richard.