Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Medal Help

Batech

Hi

Does anybody have some pictures of the following medals.

My Great Grandfather was awarded the "Messina Commemorative Medal" in 1912, and the "Bronze Medal For Military Valour" in 1918.

He was killed aboard the Iris during the Raid on Zeebrugge, and I am trying to locate the medals but need to know what they look like and what colours the ribbons are.

Any pictures would be welcomed as I can use these on the webisite I am using to try and find them.

Kind Regard's,

Gary.

Hi

Does anybody have some pictures of the following medals.

My Great Grandfather was awarded the "Messina Commemorative Medal" in 1912, and the "Bronze Medal For Military Valour" in 1918.

He was killed aboard the Iris during the Raid on Zeebrugge, and I am trying to locate the medals but need to know what they look like and what colours the ribbons are.

Any pictures would be welcomed as I can use these on the webisite I am using to try and find them.

Kind Regard's,

Gary.

Hi Gary

A few countries have Medals For Military Valour, so if you can give me your GGfathers full name & details & I should be able to help.

Peter

Hi Gary

A few countries have Medals For Military Valour, so if you can give me your GGfathers full name & details & I should be able to help.

Peter

Hi Peter

His name was "Thomas Eldridge", service number CH\11534, RMLI, and lived at Temple Street, Strood, Kent.

Would these medals have been engraved?

Many Thanks,

Gary.

Hi Peter

His name was "Thomas Eldridge", service number CH\11534, RMLI, and lived at Temple Street, Strood, Kent.

Many Thanks,

Gary.

Hi Gary

This is the LG entry in case you do not have it,

http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issues/30581/pages/3397

He was awarded the Bronze Al Valore Militare of Italy

This site has your medal listed with a photo

http://www.gwpda.org/medals/italmedl/italy.html

I have an awarded number to the Commonwealth of 954 bronze.

As I have stated many times before these are rarer than MC's & MM's

Most are not named, the only ones I have come across have been privately engraved. They come up on Ebay occassionaly so you should be able to aquire one to replace the missing medal.

Peter

Peter quick one hopefully do you have the numbers for the silver issue i have a chap entitled to one ..have not got his details in front of me at the moment

thanks MC

Peter quick one hopefully do you have the numbers for the silver issue i have a chap entitled to one ..have not got his details in front of me at the moment

thanks MC

Hi MC

Silver 366

There is a probably a file amongst the Admiralty papers whis shows what the award a=was made for; you can find it using the ADM 12 indexes.

Hi Peter

Thank you for the information and links, I had no idea that the medal was Italian, I had assumed it was British, still, Learn something new everyday.

Many Thanks,

Gary.

Hi Peter

Many Thanks,

Gary.

Hi Gary

This is the LG entry in case you do not have it,

http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issues/30581/pages/3397

He was awarded the Bronze Al Valore Militare of Italy

This site has your medal listed with a photo

http://www.gwpda.org/medals/italmedl/italy.html

I have an awarded number to the Commonwealth of 954 bronze.

As I have stated many times before these are rarer than MC's & MM's

Most are not named, the only ones I have come across have been privately engraved. They come up on Ebay occassionaly so you should be able to aquire one to replace the missing medal.

Peter

Hi

Do you mean the ADM indexes helt by KEW?

Will check it out.

Many Thanks,

Gary.

There is a probably a file amongst the Admiralty papers whis shows what the award a=was made for; you can find it using the ADM 12 indexes.