Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Conflicting Dates

1690philip

Just got the 15th (North Belfast Volunteers) Royal Irish Rifles War Dairy and whilst reading the dairy it names the death and events surrounding two soldiers. I done a quick search on CWGC site and the dates do not match. Would it be possible the Dairy got it wrong or did CWGC get it wrong? Any advice would be greatful.

Regards,

Phil

Ulster gave the same dates as CWGC but I am puzzled about why the war dairy dates would be wrong unless they filled it in at a later date.

Phil

Phil,

Must admit (not knowing who we're talking about) I had initially thought that the diary was, perhaps, written too soon and not later, in that they were wounded and died next day but the diary recorded them as already dead.

Or is the difference in dates too great for a scenario like that?

Two day difference Ulster I got a copy of the War Dairy to aid my research I put it away when I was ill but I will get it out and get the names. But the story is about someone got wounded (think it was an officer over the parapet) two men go to his aid one dies young bugler and the other that night but the dates dont add up. I will post their names later. Very interesting.

Phil