Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Liverpool Pals Badge

gnr.ktrha

Hello,

I have had this badge for over 15 years now and I bought it from a 'Good' Militaria dealer in London. All the other items I bought from him were fine, however, I have seen may copies of the same badge and I was just really looking for opinions on it. I did not pay a lot for it, so I am not too worried about that, it would just be good to know if it was a good one, or not.

http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt155/f...pg?t=1262773156

http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt155/f...pg?t=1262773195

http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt155/f...pg?t=1262773240

Thanks for looking,

Stewart

Stewart, It's a perfectly good genuine example of an Other Rank's cap badge (War Office Pattern 8520/1915) authorised in late 1915 and produced until May 1917. Julian

That is great news! You see, I have not seen an original to compare it with, so you have made my day.

Many thanks,

Stewart

That is great news! You see, I have not seen an original to compare it with, so you have made my day.

Many thanks,

Stewart

Stewart, This picture may not be great (cropped from a shot of my collection) but it shows the variety of Liverpool Pals cap badges:

Silver - Chester

Silver - London

OSD

Pattern 8520/1915 solid with loops

the same (slight variation)

Pattern 8520/1915, die struck with loops

Pattern 9483/1917, die struck with slider

the same - worn

post-917-1262788135.jpg

What a great collection. I very nearly bought a 1914 Hallmarked one from a dealer who had a stall every week at the London Military Market. A fellow from Bexhill-on-Sea. He had a very nice lot of badges. He was still on the go last time I made it to the market about a year ago. Hope to get back down again this year.

I see on the Well Know online auction site there is a die struck with slider for sale, the starting price is more than 3 times what I paid for the above badge.

Many thanks once again,

Stewart

Very sorry to hear that! It was one of my old haunts. Has it been relocated, or is there anything similar in London now?

Nice badge Stewart the hallmark in camden I bought one there a few years back may be the same one.

Dan

Hello all,

I've just been rooting through my spares box and found this. Could those knowledgable types cast an eye over this one? I assume it is a restrike but would like an opinion.

Ta

Tocemma

post-7141-1263043233.jpg

post-7141-1263043261.jpg