Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

9th Royal Sussex Regiment

timberwood

Can anyone help me with information on battle patches worn by 9th R Suss R 24th Div 73rd Brigade during Great War

Many Thanks

Geoff

Geoff

The 9th Royal Sussex wore a yellow cotton rectangle on both sleeves - I am afraid I can't tell you if this was worn vertically or horizontally. The rectangle was worn below a 4 pointed star in to indicate the wearer's company A Company - Blue, B Company - Green, C company - Red, D Company - Yellow.

Yours

Mike

Mike,

many thanks for your reply, very helpful information indeed

Kindest Regards

Geoff

The 9th Royal Sussex wore a yellow cotton rectangle on both sleeves - I am afraid I can't tell you if this was worn vertically or horizontally. The rectangle was worn below a 4 pointed star in to indicate the wearer's company A Company - Blue, B Company - Green, C company - Red, D Company - Yellow.

Yours

Mike

• 2 years later...

Geoff

Yours

Mike

Geoff

It was a horizontal yellow rectangle

KENDO