Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Sleave badge source required

findabetterole

I'd like to call upon the Forums knowledge please.

For my reenactment unit, I'm searching for a reliable source of readily available reproduction trade badges for the Stokes Mortar and Mills Bomber. The badges I require are the late war version of both examples..... illustrated below.

Also, does anyone know as for above, but for the reproduction WW1 Infantry Divisional Sleave patches. The one I require is for the 4th Division = yellow shadow of Rams Head - from the front [looks like the silhuette of an elephants head with outstreched ears].

Any leads would be most apreciated. Thank you in advance.

Seph

post-18081-1260524397.jpg

post-18081-1260524415.jpg

Seph

See the first picture on this page:

http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/i...50&start=50

The ram's head patches are plain yellow cloth, in the typical tight napped weave of the period. They measure exactly 1.5 inches at the tallest and broadest points.

A few years back I was able to examine a 1st Rifle Brigade jacket which had come out of the Green Jackets museum. The patches were of exactly the same construction. In both cases, the apparently unrecorded regimental? colours are in something similar to medal ribbon material, though I seem to recall the RB version being landscape, while the SLI one is portait. Not a difference I regard as significant.

Regards,

W.

Thanks Wainfleet.. thats a start in the right direction!

Seph