Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Arthur William Hanstock ASC-M2/183692

Peridot

Dear All

This is my first photo post so please bear with me.

I have referred to these before in Soldiers and they show my grandfather on the right in the double pic with another soldier from his Unit, Bert Dovey and on the group of ten, he is second left on the back row with Bert in front. The group was taken in France and a Lance -Corporal is apparently in charge. There is the name of a Paris photographer on the back which is postcard style but no other marks.

Can anyone recognise any faces or uniform clues as to what type of Unit in the ASC this may have been and where it may have been taken? Some of the men are wearing lanyards and what look like side haversacks which may have been for gasmasks? The presence of metal helmets may also be significant? All I know is that it is a Motor Transport group. Were there any Units with ten men on the Establishment or is it likely to be a training class albeit taken in France?

Thanks

Peridot

post-51174-1260183501.jpg

Hi Peridot,

Actually it would be much better if you posted them seperately as the images are currently too small to view.

Hi Peridot,

Actually it would be much better if you posted them seperately as the images are currently too small to view.

Thanks Graham.

Will go back to the technical department (my wife) and mention this.

Have had problems in posting the pics within the kb limit. Any tips on how they can be made bigger?

Thanks again.

Peridot

Thanks Graham.

Will go back to the technical department (my wife) and mention this.

Have had problems in posting the pics within the kb limit. Any tips on how they can be made bigger?

Thanks again.

Peridot

Graham,

Have had a further look, have attached a copy of the photo of my Grandad and Bert Dovey,

Thanks Peridot

post-51174-1260225769.jpg

Hi Peridot,

Hi Graham,

Group photo resized and attached,

thanks Peridot

post-51174-1260736545.jpg