Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Looking for a threadabout IDing a Naval Cap badge

Ghost

Recently there was a thread started by someone wanting to identify a metal cap badge, which was not identified. Anchor within a wreath of laurel all surmounted by a crown. Can any one point me to this thread as I can not seem to locate it.

Alan

Recently there was a thread started by someone wanting to identify a metal cap badge, which was not identified. Anchor within a wreath of laurel all surmounted by a crown. Can any one point me to this thread as I can not seem to locate it.

Alan

Sounds like a RN Petty Officers cap badge!

Seph

Seph,

If it had a laurel wreath it would have been a Chief petty officers badge, petty officer is without wreath

David

There was a thread on 27 Nov called Badges help identifying(this section), this may be the one you are looking for.

David

Seph,

If it had a laurel wreath it would have been a Chief petty officers badge, petty officer is without wreath

David

Correct David and some of my instructors as a Naval Officer Cadet were CPO's who were the workhorses of the Navy but had vast experience and knowledge.

Spent a brief period at HMS Conway on Summer Training Camps in Plas Newydd with an erstwhile prospective Prime Minister, Iain Duncan Smith.

The rules of the Forum prevent me from commenting further.

Peridot