Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Memorial for sale

tightrock

Matt, you raise an interesting point. This thread obviously contains a dialogue between two bidders, which even if not exactly swapping bids or price-fixing could be construed as anti-competitive by a third party.

Guest KevinEndon

The seller did say that they were selling it elsewhere and would remove it from ebay if they felt like it. Maybe someone gave them a fantastic offer, cash up front so no ebay fees or paypal fees to pay, all cash, I guess we will never know,

Kevin

If you check with ebay you will find that it is in fact against there rules to state in an auction that you have advertised it elsewhere or will withdraw it in the event of sale. That happened to me once and I had a long and detailed email explaining why they didn't like it. Once an item is offered for sale and someone places a bid you're legally obliged to sell it to that person unless something happens to the item or its not as described etc. Someone on here will be better placed to tell us about auction sales law I am sure.

Incidentally ebay most certainly do not automatically pull any auction that is complained about. In my collecting interests relating to the 39-45 war I've complained about dozens of items that are misrepresented, fake or wrongly listed, and I've yet to see one pulled, the most I get is the standard form letter they will investigate.

Regards

Matt

interestingly 3 of the items i've been bding on in this last week have gone, 2 with the same explination as the memorial the other obviously got a better offer (well i don't think he did, but he should have been more patient) rather anoying but there you go

matt

& it's off again!!

The above link takes you to a page saying "This listing (130351904640) has been removed, or this item is not available".

Andy

Guest KevinEndon

This plaque was never meant to be at Alrewas, ah well some you win some you lose, at least I wont have to explain what it is to the wife lol

Kevin