Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Ypres Fire Department Bugles

wizard2250

Leave it to me to find this in an old National Geographic (2002). It says that a Fire Brigade in Ypres plays last post every evening in memory of those fallen in conflicts of war. It started with the First World War. Is this correct? Do they still play. I find this a fitting tribute to those who have fallen and think they deserve a Christmas Card from my family as a Thank You for the memories they keep alive. Anyone know of an address?

thanks,

shawn

If you ever find yourself with a chance to attend the ceremony, do not miss it. It is one of the most moving experiences.

Jim

Paul and Jim,

Thanks for the replies. I went to the link and saw the small video that showed a performance by the buglers. It is moving enough on a computer screen and I can only imagine being there in person.

Much to my surprise and joy, their performance was followed by a piper playing a beautiful tune that echoed throughout the area. Once again I can only imagine being there!

Anyone know the piper's tune?

thanks again,

shawn

Last sat night the piper played three tunes only word to describe the sound- haunting

biff