Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Medals on ' Dickinsons Real Deal '

Paddy 60th

Did anyone see Dickinsons Real Deal on Weds ? I only caught the last bit of the programme where he was showing a Victory and War pair which had just realised £1300 at auction. Apparently there was some associated ephemera with the medals but as I didn't see all the programme I don't know what this was. Seem an awful lot of money for a pair and I wonder whether they were to maybe a July 1st 1916 casualty.

Roger

The venue was Pudsey, West Yorkshire. The medals belonged to Sergeant Julien. No mention of regiment etc. A search on google revealed possible match?: 1454 Sjt. W. E. Julien, 1 Battalion British West Indies Regiment (St. Georges, Grenada)

For gallantry and devotion to duty at Damieh Bridgehead, Jordon Valley on the 22nd September, 1918. He commanded his platoon with the utmost efficiency in the attack on the bridgehead, and after the successful assault he re-organised his platoon and led them with great gallantry over the broken ground, which was still occupied by the enemy, capturing two machine guns and a number of prisoners.

Supplement to the London Gazette, 25 February 1920, 2288

A DCM, War Medal & Victory medal were for sale. A few items of ephemera, a platoon roll book and a possible old comrades card. Sold for £1350.

The venue was Pudsey, West Yorkshire. The medals belonged to Sergeant Julien. No mention of regiment etc. A search on google revealed possible match?: 1454 Sjt. W. E. Julien, 1 Battalion British West Indies Regiment (St. Georges, Grenada)

For gallantry and devotion to duty at Damieh Bridgehead, Jordon Valley on the 22nd September, 1918. He commanded his platoon with the utmost efficiency in the attack on the bridgehead, and after the successful assault he re-organised his platoon and led them with great gallantry over the broken ground, which was still occupied by the enemy, capturing two machine guns and a number of prisoners.

Supplement to the London Gazette, 25 February 1920, 2288

A DCM, War Medal & Victory medal were for sale. A few items of ephemera, a platoon roll book and a possible old comrades card. Sold for £1350.

Thanks for that info - I didn't realise that there was also a DCM in the medal group