The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

g williamson

llongbow

hi, looking for info on my great uncle g williamson argyll and sutherland highlanders killed 31 october 1918 born 1897 number S/25037, wondering if he was due any medals and if so how would i go about getting them.

many thanks tommy

Hi Tommy,here is yor mans MIC,B.W.M and Victory Medal,but if some of your family don`t have them I`m afraid it`s going to be a long slow hunt for the Medals.

post-10020-1259609857.jpg

good hunting Gary.

tommy

Welcome to the Forum !

Gary has posted the Medal Card here. The letters and numbers against Victory and British mean that his entitlement was listed on those references and they were automatically issued to the soldier's appointed next of kin at the time,around 1920-21.

There is no mechanism these days for even purchase of replacements,so,as Gary suggests,the only avenue open to you in respect of his medals is to hope that a member of the family has them,or they are listed on a thread here (Go down the page to Classic Threads and scroll down until you come to Here is the List of names on my...medals),or you see them for sale. You can buy replicas I understand.

Sotonmate