The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Where can I buy repro shoulder titles

museumtom

If there any firm that does these now?

Thanking you in advance.

Kind regards.

Tom.

As far as am I'm aware these and collar badges weren't "re-prode", as they weren't worth the bother to the rip-off merchants. So the option of getting real titles are much more better, unless of course you're after the rarities.

They can be done, and there are at least two people doing them - but to make it worthwhile you'll want a decent sized batch of them (at least six pairs or so)

Tom

Don't worry about repro.

Check out a well known internet auction site as the real ones are sold fequently there.

Which Regt are you looking for?

Andy

Thanks for all the suggeston guys, let me tell you what I want them for. I have a repro jacket and will put brass GS buttons on it. I am doing it up for myself and will lend it to others doing black and tans and WW1. If I had a pair of not too rare shoulder titles, and repros are fine so long as they look right I would find a suitable cap badge, chevrons and maybe a cloth shoulder patch that would all tie in the the accuracy of it all, if you get my drift. When I nail down the shoulder titles I will need some advice as to the shoulder cloth patch and maybe a chevron and a service stripe.

Many thanks to everyone for your interest and patience.

Kind regards.

Tom.

Lew Shotton (don't have his website address to hand but a quick google will bring him up) has a large collection of originals at decent prices too

Sorry for not coming back to you sooner I was offline. many thanks to everyones suggestion. I will follow them through as soon as I land (I've been busy busy busy)

Kindest regards and thanks again to everypne.

Tom.

Lew Shotton (don't have his website address to hand but a quick google will bring him up) has a large collection of originals at decent prices too

Thanks for that Rob, sent him an email on the off-chance of having some of the backing plates for shoulder titles, got 8 assorted originals in the post today for £1.50 including postage, good chap :thumbsup:

I managed to get a pair of Irish Guards titles. Many thanks for all your help guys and gals. Your help and suggestion were very much appreciated.

Kind regards.

Tom.