Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Death Plaque Richard White Williams

herbie4798

Hi all,

Im looking for the Death plaque to Richard White Williams. He was a 2lt in the 1/10th London Regiment. He DOW 16/8/15 as a result of his wounds sustained on the 15th at the attack at Kidney Hill Gallipoli. I know it was sold beggining of this year or end of 2008. If anyone knows the wherabouts or has it please get in contact. I would dearly love to re-unite with his Victory medal. If anyone knows where his 1915 Star/BWM are also that would be an added bonus.

Best regards

James

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Still desperatley seeking this plaque. If anyone can help please get in touch.

Cheers

James

• 1 month later...

Still searching for the above plaque. If anyone knows where it is please let me know.

All the best

James

Still searching for the above plaque. If anyone knows where it is please let me know.

All the best

James

hope you locate the plaque & medal,

question: did they issue the plaques to all causualties?? I was under the impression that due to lack of metal they stopped issuing the plaques at some time during the latter part of the war

searched my collection for London Regts. I have two Geo V territorial efficiency 700035 Pte. A. Jackson 23 Lond. R. & Rfrmn F.J.King 11 London R.

also searching for WW1 medals to Canadian Regt. LSH (Lord Strathcona Horse (RC). got out bid at last minute on e-bay for a trio posted there . if anyone has LSH medals would dearly love to aquire (trade etc.)

regards

Bob R.

question: did they issue the plaques to all causualties?? I was under the impression that due to lack of metal they stopped issuing the plaques at some time during the latter part of the war

News to me and very unlikely. So far as I am aware the next of kin of ALL casualties were provided with a memorial plaque and scroll. I don't think that memorial plaques were issued DURING the war to cause the metal shortage that you suggest. I have certainly seen memorial plaques issued as late as 1926.

News to me and very unlikely. So far as I am aware the next of kin of ALL casualties were provided with a memorial plaque and scroll. I don't think that memorial plaques were issued DURING the war to cause the metal shortage that you suggest. I have certainly seen memorial plaques issued as late as 1926.

thanl\ks for that, do you have photo of scroll you mentioned, don't believe I have seen one

hope you locate the plaque & medal,

searched my collection for London Regts. I have two Geo V territorial efficiency 700035 Pte. A. Jackson 23 Lond. R. & Rfrmn F.J.King 11 London R.

also searching for WW1 medals to Canadian Regt. LSH (Lord Strathcona Horse (RC). got out bid at last minute on e-bay for a trio posted there . if anyone has LSH medals would dearly love to aquire (trade etc.)

regards

Bob R.

Production of the plaque didn't start until December 1918 / January 1919.

And at least in Canada were awarded to men who died as late as 1922. Which probably means that there is a "She Died" plaque out there for N/S Caroline G. Greene, who also died in 1922.