Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Uniform Identity

Guest tredegar14

Guest tredegar14

Hi

My Grandfather served in WW1. Is it possible to recognise the Uniform He is wearing please. Thank You for your help in this matter.

Regards Linda.

Hi Linda - welcome to the forum.

It may very well be that some information can be gleaned from the uniform - posting a picture here (must be under 100Kb in size) or a link to the picture hosted elsewhere will usually get the experts posting!

It is not always possible to tell much depending upon the state of the picture and the nature of the uniform being worn, but usually some additional information can be gleaned.

So if you post the picture people will have a look for you.

Chris

If you want to have a look yourself THIS LITTLE GUIDE might be of interest

Hi Linda, if you have a bit more information, like his full name, date of birth and place of residence it may be possible to find him in WW1 British Army Service records.

Chris, the little guide is excellent... the sort of information that one spends hours looking for (on interntet) but never finds! Thanks!

Regards, Jayne

Guest tredegar14
Hi Linda, if you have a bit more information, like his full name, date of birth and place of residence it may be possible to find him in WW1 British Army Service records.

Chris, the little guide is excellent... the sort of information that one spends hours looking for (on interntet) but never finds! Thanks!

Regards, Jayne

Hi Jayne

Thank You for your reply.

My Grandfather's name was Edward Booth. Born 27th April 1888 Bethnal Green London. Place of residence Shoreditch London. I have been trynig to upload a photo of Him to send to You but no luck so far.

Regards Linda.

Hello Linda

If you can email me the photo I will try and resize it for you. In the Military records there is 131 Edward Booth when doing a quick exact match search. Maybe the cap badge will narrow it down if it is in the photo.

ttfn

Matt