Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

looking for an obscure book

munce

I'd like to find a pretty obscure book, called 'A Field Artillery group in Battle: a Tactical Study Based on the action of the 2nd Brigade RFA' by William H. Weber (who was OC of the 2 Bde). This book was published by the Royal Artillery Institute in 1923.

I've looked for references for it on the internet, and only came up with one copy in a military library in the States. None of the normal used book sites have it. Does anyone have any suggestions about how I might get hold of a copy or who might be able to point me in the right direction?

Many thanks.

Have you tried the Imperial War Museum Reading Room? Failing that the National Army Museum. Also take a look through the online catalogue of the British Library website.

Munce

Have you tried ordering a copy at your local Library,i have my self ordered some very obscure books and have never been let down, other than some times it can take amonth or two.

Regards Kevin.

Thanks for the replies. I should have mentioned, Kate and Kevin, that I live abroad, which means that the IWM/NAM and local library options were out, but you're absolutely right, Gilbert, it is on Abebooks after all (last time I tried it wasn't there!). Pretty stiff at £50, though! Many thanks to you all, and I shall break open the piggy bank.