Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Manchester Cap badge

27thBN

Do anyone have a cap badge close up I could look at to see if he one i have is genuine

thanks

Difficult to tell from a photograph if a badge is genuine or not, I do know that the Manchester underneath the coat of arms had two differences in the size/length of the word Manchester, if you see what I mean. Ralph.

Yes I know what you are getting at. I have quite few but the Manchester one looks almost to good to be true detail is fantastic

some badges that i have look better than others but the detail on this badge is superb .I will take a picture see what you think ,probably a better idea than the other way around

thanks

MC

Ok here is a picture of the badge let me know what you think the 100k picture size is a pain !!!!

Thanks MC

post-50787-1257297437.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Try the badges www.britishbadgeforum.com

I collect British cap badges and the above site is well worth joining, quite a few experts on there and they have put me right a few times, good place to buy and sell badges too!

I collect British cap badges and the above site is well worth joining, quite a few experts on there and they have put me right a few times, good place to buy and sell badges too!

Yes I will do so i do try when i can to get a hat badge for every group i get ,so good idea to join it

Thanks for the site

MC

A picture of the back always helps determine; some can look convincing from the front but have their flaws hidden.

This is a genuine one. Repros are very good so a picture of the back will indeed help. The slider is often the give away.

And the front. There were lots of these made so their are minor die variations.

post-4655-1258120465.jpg

post-4655-1258120558.jpg

This is a genuine one. Repros are very good so a picture of the back will indeed help. The slider is often the give away.

And the front. There were lots of these made so their are minor die variations.

Here is the reverse side nice and clear looks good to me

MC

post-50787-1258182239.jpg

It looks fine to me.

Max Thanks I have no real knowledge on cap badges and wrongly assumed that most if not all if looked ok were real

it was only after reading various posts on the internet had a realization that a lot of cap badges have been remade ,very well but still not originals and genuine is what collectors all want ,as above for every new regiment i get a group of medals to i try to get a cap badge to go with them so far so good . I cant post all of them here but will go to another forum thanks to a member here and ask

MC