Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

London Scottish

alan jones

Hello ,

I have been looking for an MIC for Reginald Proctor 519753 of the London Scottish but can't seem to find one . His son said his dad was in Belgium late on in war { he was born 1899 } so I would have thought he would have qualified for a medal. The number was taken off a ' dog tag ' type disk .

Any help appreciated , thanks

Alan

I can't find one either Alan. That number doesn't seem to belong to a man of that name.

Here are the Reginald Proctors from the National Archives. I can see a couple of Proctors in the London Scottish, but not a Reginald.

How sure are you of the London Scottish connection, and does Reginald have a middle name?

Cheers Mike

Hello Mike ,

I actually saw the ' dog tag ' last night and it clearly gave R F Proctor 519753 London Scottish . His middle name was Francis and known as Frank . He was born Coventry 1899 .

Thanks

Alan

Of the London Scottish number sequence 519750 - 519759 only two soldiers have medal index cards on the National Archies database.

519752 Pte Arthur W Rabin and 519755 Pte George Batchelor.

It is possible that the other men either did not serve overseas or served with other units or received a commission. A check of either of these two men's medal rolls will reveal when they disembarked in a theatre of war. It might be quite late in the proceedings.

Thanks High Wood,

I could not see a DOE on either of these mens MIC but you might be on right track as his son said he was certainly on clearing up operations over there .

Regards

Alan

A search on Ancestry for London Scottish under 14th London - found this MIC. Could this be him??

Looks like he went under name of Frank.

Stuart

post-27173-1256988028.jpg

Hello Stuart ,

I guess thats a possibilty , my only concern is he was born 1899 and having a DOE of 17-8-15 makes him just 16, I guess that happened though .

Thanks

Alan