Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Fromelles Genealogy Project

MelPack

In view of the flourish of interest in the search for the relatives of the missing soldiers :P it might be opportune to provide an update on the project.

• Our Ancestry tree has expanded enormously to include more than five thousand relatives.
  • We have established contact with potential relatives of 260 out of the 332 missing.
  • Exactly half of the 332 missing now have relatives in contact with the MoD for the DNA testing programme.
There are still certain problems that have not been resolved.

The MoD/SPVA still refuse to include Stanley Nokes 182nd Coy MGC on the list of the missing on grounds that are frankly nothing short of idiotic whilst at the same time as insisting that 23 soldiers, whom by coincidence are commemorated on the Loos Memorial but have nothing to do with Fromelles whatsoever, remain there.

In my view, the raising of expectations of the relatives of those 23 men is wholly unethical and the treatment of Stanley Nokes and his relatives is nothing short of reprehensible.

Mel

Mel,

Are they really remaining stubborn about Stanley Noakes? That is truly unbelieveable......especially after all the evidence of similar cases you compiled.

Makes one want to tear out great tufts of hair.

Cheers,

Tim L.

• 2 weeks later...

Tim

I am sorry that I overlooked your post.

Stanley Nokes has been denied inclusion on the list by no less than four functionaries in what can best be described as an a**e covering exercise.

I am led to believe that Christ was only denied three times before the cockerel crowed. I suspect that Stanley would be flattered by his unique status.

Methinks that it is time for a long overdue crucifixion. B)

Mel

Mel

on what grounds are the refusing him

For that special treatment :ph34r:

Chris

Having looked at the evidence I cannot begin to understand how these people can exclude him. There are more reasons to include him.

Isn't the something about 'beyond reasonble doubt' hovering around this?

Bright blessings

Sandra