Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Services Rendered - Nominal Roll Silver War Badge

tommy mcclimonds

Folks

Came across this in Oct 09 issue Medal News, 325 pages, card covers, published by the author 2009, £20. I thought some members would be very interested in this from a research point of view. Apparently it's the first in a series of books, that will eventually cover,

Vol 2 - Nursing Services

Vol 3 - RFC, Army Cyclists and the small Corps

Vol 4 - The Guards.

The blurb/review by Allan Stanistreet says it is soley a work of reference, list of badges and holders are split into three,

1) badge numbers with no prefix

2) badge numbers with "B" or "O" prefixes

3) alphabetical roll of recipients together with basic details/original roll page number.

Currently available from Medal News, price £20 plus £5 p&p UK, Europe.

Perhaps someone who has actually purchased a copy could provide us with a bit more detail on the content of the actual book, the standard of reseach/completeness, so members can make an informed choice before parting with their well earned cash.

Regards, Tommy.

I own a copy of the book and it is basically what you stated. It covers all SWBs to officers with numbers without prefix and those with the prefix 'B' and 'O' (only five awarded to officers). The first part (pages 6-141) is by number with the only other information being the name of the officer. The second part (pages 143-325) is alphabetical by surname and contains the name, badge number, regiment, address and the page number of the roll. I thought that the book was well worth the £20. The back cover indicates that the next three rolls to be published are: Volume 2 - Nursing Services; Volume 3 - RFC, Army Cyclists and the small Corps; Volume 4 - The Guards. Regards, Dick Flory