Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

memorial plaques

PhilB

Back in Nov 2002 there was an interesting string on memorial plaques. On 11/11/02 "Sullivan" asked what exactly the casting methods were. He also asked what the solution was to the problem of including different names on each plaque. No answers were forthcoming. I have wondered about these points. The finish seems very good for a cast article (more like a pressed item) and the changing of the name for each plaque sounds very tricky. Any new information? Phil B

Guest Pete Wood

Phil, I hope you won't consider me a party pooper. But I don't want to reveal the manufacturing process at present.

I think you'll agree that I've been willing to share everything else but, if I give away this part of the story, then no one will want to look at the memorial plaque website (when it is eventually up and running), or buy the book.

I do know exactly the methods and processes (some of which were patented) used.

If you or anyone else feel that you can't wait for my schedule, and have a legitimate reason for needing to know the production methods before everyone else, just contact me off forum and I'll do my best to help (just like I did with 'Sullivan').

Does that sound fair....?? :)