Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The Grenadier Guards in the Great War of 1914-1918, F.E.G. Ponsonby

lostinspace

Thought I would add a couple of books to the growing list: "The Grenadier Guards in the Great War of 1914-1918" (Vol. I & II) by Ponsonby and "The History of the Second Division, 1914-1918" by Everard Wyrall (Vol. I & II), provided by Google Books.

Regards, lostinspace

What happened to Vol III of Ponsonby?

Maybe the U. of Wisconsin doesn't have the third volume or perhaps Google hasn't digitized it yet?

lostinspace

Shame - it's the best bit. You find out who won.

Picky, picky, picky, in future I will only list complete sets, ok?

I wasn't be entirely serious, to be honest.

However, I do find it odd they should digitalise only two volumes: I mean, you'd hardly read two thirds of a book and leave the ending, would you? I'm actually not picking at you (or anyone else, for that matter): I just wonder why only two volumes were digitised.

I have no idea why Google would digitize two volumes but not the third unless the loaning library didn't have the final volume. With me it's more a case of "beggars can't be choosers", I appreciate anything I can get on line since the library system is slow and a large number of books are unavailable here anyway.

Google have an ambitious programme to digitise everything that's out of print. They have been accused of control freakery.

But what have they got against Ponsonby III - I think we should be told.

Guess they don't have anything against Ponsonby, I did another search of Google Books and found volume three under "more editions", all three volumes can be downloaded.

Result!

It's a jolly good book, to be honest, so I reckon you'll enjoy it ... and thanks for posting the information. I really wasn't having a go. ;)