Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Concert party

dobbin

I spoke to Kate Wills a couple of years ago who kindly identified a concert party picture. Looking through old family photos I found another post card of another concert party that could have come from any one of 3 members of my family during the war. I have tried to PM Kate but her in box is full so if you see this Kate can you tell me where to post this picture on the Forum so I can seek help Thanks Colin

post it here in this section if its wrong the mods will move it for you!

and and add F.A.O. Kate that should do the trick.

Mandy x

Hello Colin.

Post it here please. We can always move it or alter the thread title to reflect the content.

Many thanks

Kate

The only Wasps I have are a party from the Bedfords who performed while serving in Germany in 1919. This ties in nicely with your Chequers card.

Is anything written on the back?

The only Wasps I have are a party from the Bedfords who performed while serving in Germany in 1919. This ties in nicely with your Chequers card.

Is anything written on the

Sadly no Kate its been in a box for years and it was not until I became embroiled in all this WW1 stuff that it came to light. Just back from a Somme visit and was delving into a big box of photos left by my Mother for something entirely different and there it was staring at me. Was it a sort of sub Concert Party and do you know much about it please ? Can you yell where I might find ant facts on it please ?

sorry for yell read tell. didnt mean to imply I am deaf Colin

Sadly that's all I know about them Colin, unless there were other parties called the Wasps of course (which is possible), though the Bedfords suggests a common link with the Chequers card.

The Chequers were 12th Division's official party. At the end of the war, many of the larger divisionional parties disbanded, due to demob. The Wasps may already have been in existence as a battalion party, or they may have formed following the Chequers demise, and perhaps inherited some of the Chequers personel and equipment. However, many new concert parties sprang-up after the armistice, and this could have been one of them.

I'd love a high res scan if possible please Colin, as I would like to note the names and info on the card, which might give more leads.