Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

calls of nature

Muerrisch

I wonder if my notebook is unique? I take a minibus full of [equally geriatric] friends to the battlefields most years. There is a need to know if parking is near enough and adequate, not to say safe. And the unmentionable ...... is there cover for a comfort stop somewhere near. [NOT I would add in the CWGC itself, quite unthinkable]. Including the ladies.

I bet others have Cemeteries with big NoNos and big Yesses on these aspects.

Notebook might just be publishable ................

is there cover for a comfort stop somewhere near. [NOT I would add in the CWGC itself, quite unthinkable]. Including the ladies.

What do the CWGC gardeners do for comfort stops?

ther is a visitor centre comming next to tyne cot...

in 2006

ther is a visitor centre comming next to tyne cot...

in 2006

Oh dear!

Apparently there are no facilities at Fort Douaumont or Fort Vaux even for the staff there, but at least it is well forested.

It could be worse. A recent notice pinned up in my school said 'Toilets Closed. Please use the floor below'. :D

What do the CWGC gardeners do for comfort stops?

Hi Kate,

In Belgium behind that tree, the other side of the wall or if your lucky and its summer

in that corn field. Although the situation had started to improve when I left the CWGC (about a year and a half ago) once the Gardeners and stone masons where away from their base site in Belgium it was a case of TSB. :huh:

Brum

don't worry about tyne cot, it doesn't gonna disturd the site.

it wil be at the back, behind the wall of the missing...

Brummy,

I thought that might be the case. Certainly, I have been obliged to slope off to some suitably discreet spot before now. I take it that adding an extra dash of nitrates to the compost heap is, well, acceptable in extremis.

Brummy,

I thought that might be the case. Certainly, I have been obliged to slope off to some suitably discreet spot before now. I take it that adding an extra dash of nitrates to the compost heap is, well, acceptable in extremis.

Kate.........Back to the AWOL story :ph34r:

Brummy,

Hi

Never bothered me exept in late autumn and early winter When the heaps are moved and fresh deposits have not had time to rot away naturaly. I am going to make this my last post on this subject before it gets me in trouble B) .

Brum

disturd

brilliant, given the subject. best typo for years

ok,

i am guilty...

A lot of the (bigger) kriegsgraberfursorge cemeteries have excellent toilet facilities (with toilet seats!!!).

Is that any help?

Dave.