Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Wallace Clissold Grenadier Guards

John93

I don't know if anyone can help, but I stumbled apon this forum whilst researching a relative - Wallace Clissold.

Reference was made by a member, Nick Thorneycroft in 2007, to a letter by Wallace to his mother in Bussage (Gloucestershire, UK).

I'd be very grateful to here from Nick if he still uses the forum or anyone else that might be able to help with any info.

So far I only have:

Wallace Clissold

Grenadier Guards

died 14.09.14

Soupir communal cemetry

Many thanks,

John

I don't know if anyone can help, but I stumbled apon this forum whilst researching a relative - Wallace Clissold.

Reference was made by a member, Nick Thorneycroft in 2007, to a letter by Wallace to his mother in Bussage (Gloucestershire, UK).

I'd be very grateful to here from Nick if he still uses the forum or anyone else that might be able to help with any info.

So far I only have:

Wallace Clissold

Grenadier Guards

died 14.09.14

Soupir communal cemetry

Many thanks,

John

Wallace Christopher Clissold Killed in Action 14-16/9/1914born Chalford Glos Enlisted Stroud Service No 16370 2nd Battalion Grenadier Guards Peter

Welcome to the Forum. Soldiers Died has him born Chalford and enlisted Stroud. Went to France 13-8-1914. Ralph.

• 8 months later...

John,

Do you have a photo of Wallace Clissold? If yes would you be interested in including his image in my book on the Battle of the Aisne 1914 as a tribute to him?

I look forward to your response. I can be contacted at paul.kendall193@btinternet.com

Kind regards

Paul

John,

Here http://www.archive.org/stream/grenadiergua...age/54/mode/2up is the relevant chapter on the Aisne in the "History of the Grenadier Guards in the Great War, 1914-1918" by Ponsonby (via the Internet Archive). Hope you are able to access it.

Regards,

Dave