Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Shoulder Titles, your opinions on this would be welcome.

Bingo794

Chaps

At first glance, would you say this wa an original shoulder title?

If so, how much would you think it would fetch?

I am interested in adding something like this to my collection of Lincolnshire Regiment items.

What do you think?

Your opinions and help would be appreciated.

I hope my bunging this link onto forum does not contravene any rules or etiquette.

Dick

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

SEE ABOVE LINK

Not a Lincoln collector, but looks OK to me, although it would have been nice to see the attaching tab and rear of the title just to be certain. Cloth WWI titles are rare, so if it's pukha what would you be prepared to pay?

Not a Lincoln collector, but looks OK to me, although it would have been nice to see the attaching tab and rear of the title just to be certain. Cloth WWI titles are rare, so if it's pukha what would you be prepared to pay?

Nice one Graham!

OOOh!

Not really sure, I haven't got one of these and it would be nice. I suppose about £40 would be what I would like to see it in my post box for. I really have no idea on this type of gear. Maybe more if they are ultra rare.

Give us a clue.

DickW

What would a pair go for?

If it were an NF pair I would most likely go to £120.

If it were an NF pair I would most likely go to £120.

Bl**dy H*ll!

I suppose a Lincolnshire pair will go for a bit more, their kit always seems to be out of my range. Not devaluing the good old NF, at all.

Seriously thinking of changing my collecting tack.

An MM with bar, 1915 Trio to a 1/5th Linc.R. man with pics and paperwork sold for £2400 at auction in Sheffield, then immediately resold for £3014 by Friar Medals. Not many about, but crikey.

DW

Bingo,

Looks a very interesting article. The Badge could be a sweethearts pre 1946 (I think that is when the Lincolns became Royal) The cloth badge intrigues me and I would be interested to see what our experts think. Could it be a 'Pugaree' flash from an issue sun helmet. I thought most WW1 shoulder titles were metal. I know there some cloth titles pre 1914

Tony P

Bingo,

Looks a very interesting article. The Badge could be a sweethearts pre 1946 (I think that is when the Lincolns became Royal) The cloth badge intrigues me and I would be interested to see what our experts think. Could it be a 'Pugaree' flash from an issue sun helmet. I thought most WW1 shoulder titles were metal. I know there some cloth titles pre 1914

Tony P

I'm pretty sure this type were issued post 1916/17 as a cheaper alternative to the original brass, ten a penny item.

Definitely WW1, they have come up before, but not many to the Linc.R.

Dick

Very nice - i'm currently looking at having repro Leicesters ones made

:lol:

Very nice - i'm currently looking at having repro Leicesters ones made

:lol:

What ever floats your boat :lol:

D