Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Online Books

adrianmartin59

I just wondered if anybody is interested in some online books I have noticed on www.archive.org just click on "Texts" and then search for a title or subject.

So far I have found;

The Fifth Army in March 1918 by W.Shaw Sparrow

History of the Great War, Military Operations, France & Belgium 1914, Brigadier-General JE Edmunds

The Territorial Divisions 1914 - 1918, Major J Stirling, 8th Btn Royal Scotts

The Despatches of Sir John French 1914

The Somme Vol II, The Second Battle of the Somme (1918) Amiens-Montdidier-Compiegne

The History of the 16th, The Queens Light Dragoons (Lancers) 1912-1925 by Col Henry Graham

British Regiments at the Front Reginald Hodder, The Story of their Battle Honours

54th Infantry Brigade 1914 - 1918

I think they are out of copyright or something like that so they appear to be freely available, certainly to read online.

There's probably a lot more, its worth a search.

Regards

Adrian

The LibriVox Project is looking for books and volunteers to "read" into their system. I found out about this a few months ago and so now I "listen" to Great War Books while at the gym in the morning instead of music. It certainly has made a significant improvement to my time at the gym!

Their main site is here:

http://www.librivox.org

Since I got involved and am now leading a team to transcribe Livesay's works on the Great War, I have made a directory of what books I have found that relate to the Great War. I have "listened" to most of the good ones, have started to assemble a list of others, and have noted others in the "process".

You can find my list here on the relatively new TelNic system. There are links at the top of my list to pages on the LibriVox site for those working on projects, then a list at the bottom that shows READINGS, PRODUCTION and SUGGESTIONS.

Any additions or suggestions would be most welcome, however the books have to be "out-of-copyright" (generally pre 1923). Top sources are the Gutenberg Project and Internet Archives.

Here is my link:

http://librivox.laughton.tel/

Richard

• 6 months later...