Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Fromelles Media Project

peterinkent

Hello All

You might like to keep an eye on the media Tomorrow Wednesday 19th Aug 2009. The MOD with the CWGC and all the other involved agencies and organistaions are holding a media day to show brief and explain what is going on.

The BBC, Sky ITN, AP TV and ABC will all have teams covering the event. Some of the correspondents are big hitters so unless there is a big news story elsewhere there will I am sure be coverage.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the heads up!

Regards

Michelle

Just caught the end of the 6.30 ITV news where they ran a preview of a story for the 10pm ITV news. Looks like they are going to run a story on an Officer killed at Fromelles from the picture I saw and whether he will be found after 93 years

Richard

Hello All

Well the media event was I believe sucessful. I had the opportunity to see some of the work which is going on and here are some pictures of some of the artifacts from Fromelles.

Peter

post-26358-1250714676.jpg

a boot

some more

Looks like plenty of coverage now in the UK- something on News at Ten tonight- also heres a piece for tomorrows Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/aug/1...es-graves-found

Richard

I think the piece by Sam in the Guardian is rather good.

Point to note that Paola Totaro the Sydney Morning Herald Correspondent in London did not attend the Media day and therefore did not take the opprtunity to see for herself what is going on or ask questions of the experts. So the article she filed yesterday would seem to be her airing the views of others not connected. Seems more about her trying to stir a story for her own ends. Sad really

Peter

There was a piece on the BBC news this morning & I have been contacted by ITV Wales with regard to them providing further coverage.

Albert Raisey was a Somerset lad who joined the Glos Regiment & I (& my family back 3 generations) am welsh - wonder who will claim the 'local' rights ?

• 2 weeks later...
Point to note that Paola Totaro the Sydney Morning Herald Correspondent in London did not attend the Media day and therefore did not take the opprtunity to see for herself what is going on or ask questions of the experts. So the article she filed yesterday would seem to be her airing the views of others not connected. Seems more about her trying to stir a story for her own ends. Sad really

Peter

Peter (and everyone else),

Just a short note to let you know that I've just found out that Paola Totaro has been laid up for the past couple of weeks with a fractured foot and hence her reason for not being able to attend the media day. I must admit that I have never spoken to her personally but the information is from a very reliable source.

I know that you were probably unaware of her injury and that your comments were made in all honesty but I think it fair to accept that your opinion above is now rendered mistaken.

Cheers,

Tim L.