Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Possible Non-Commemoration

Howarth1918

Can anyone help with this one? The medal index card and the copy of the medal roll state that 7059 Sjt. John L. Davies LNLR died as a POW. However, I can't find a record of him on CWGC. As always any help appreciated.

Terry,

I've just picked up Sgt 7859 John Davies LNL, however a check of the MICs also shows Sgt 7059 John L Davies and the later doesn't appear on SDGW

Jon

Terry,

I've just picked up Sgt 7859 John Davies LNL, however a check of the MICs also shows Sgt 7059 John L Davies and the later doesn't appear on SDGW

Jon

If the date of death, as stated on the MIC for 7059 John L. Davies, is correct (26.12.18), then it is unlikely that he would appear in SDGW, since most regiments used 11.11.18 as a cut-off.

Best wishes.

Andy.

There is no John L Davies 7059 listed in the GRO Overseas Military Death Index.

Perhaps he did not die after all. We have come across many like this during the IFCP researches - initially listed as dead but later revised as survived.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your input Terry...

There is no John L Davies 7059 listed in the GRO Overseas Military Death Index.

Perhaps he did not die after all. We have come across many like this during the IFCP researches - initially listed as dead but later revised as survived.

Hi Andy, thanks for the information. Best Wishes, Craig...

If the date of death, as stated on the MIC for 7059 John L. Davies, is correct (26.12.18), then it is unlikely that he would appear in SDGW, since most regiments used 11.11.18 as a cut-off.

Best wishes.

Andy.