Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Ellis Croasdale from Chorley Enlisted 1858 to 1876

croasdale

Hello

I'm looking for information on a Ellis Croasdale he was based in Aldershot and I've been told he was enlisted from 4/2/1858 to 26/12/1876 once he left the Army he moved back to Chorley and ended up committing suicide in 1888. my reasons for this search is that his father Thomas Croasdale also committed suicide in 1856 and one of his brother's did the same in 1909??

Thanks

Mark

Mark

Whilst a bit outside the scope of this Forum I can still point you towards the "old soldier" records contained in the series WO97 at the National Archives. I have an idea that there have been recent changes to this series,for which you previously had to search on the Kew premises,and you may now be able to to do better than that,but I don't have absolute certainty that this is the case,someone here will know !

Sotonmate

Mark

Whilst a bit outside the scope of this Forum I can still point you towards the "old soldier" records contained in the series WO97 at the National Archives. I have an idea that there have been recent changes to this series,for which you previously had to search on the Kew premises,and you may now be able to to do better than that,but I don't have absolute certainty that this is the case,someone here will know !

Sotonmate

Hi Sotonmate

Sorry for using the forum for other military subjects and times, but it's such a good site and has so may people who know so much?

Thanks

Mark

• 2 years later...

Did the family have two sons (Albert Croasdale was one off the top of my head!) that served in the Loyal North Lancs during WW1?