Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

7271 G W LLOYD KSLI

dunmore44

I have recently been given a home made id tag that was dug up in an allotment. Written on the tag is CSM GW Lloyd 7271 KSLI.

research help wanted please for his MIC, many thanks

Hi dunmore44

I have following info. on him. He enlisted into SR (likely to have been on or around 04-09-14). Land in France 06-09-15 with I think the 8th Battalion, he is record in Absent voters as serving in this battalion and the date of land in France is the date the 8th Batt. landed, it also records his address as Petton Lodge near Cockshutt, Shropshire. He was awarded the D.C.M. + French Croix de Guerre.

Annette

Petton Lodge, i think, is in the grounds of Petton Hall. The Cunliffe family resided there, i've not yet visited the church.

Neil

thanks everyone for your kind replies, the infomation given is really interesting. Is there anyway of finding out about this mans dcm award

He is recorded in the Regimental History on page 282- four members of the 8th Battalion including C.S.M. Lloyd were presented with medal ribbons, while at Stavros sometime between 20th & 25th October 1918. I would guess it was for the action at Pip Ridge on 18th September 1918 but can not be 100% sure of that, best look at London Gazzett.

Annette

Annette

Many thanks for the info