Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

KSLI in Ireland 1918

mmm45

Hi

im trying to help someone with Family research.Their man was KSLI who is known to have served in Ireland in 1918 he was discharged in July 1919 with SWB and a letter home in Sept 1918 warns of him off to France.

Any KSLI expert who can help id be grateful..there were rumours hed been wounded but where is unconfirmed

Name: Pte John Seymour Davies.43073 Enlisted May 1917.

Thanks

Ady

Ady,

the 3rd ® Bn went over to Ireland during December 1917 - Crosshaven, Queenstown Harbour, Cork and during early 1918 the battalion moved off to Fermoy where they remained until the end of the war. It looks like he may have been drafted to one of the other battalions in France,

Jon

Hi Ady

I am not going to be able to offer much help, I do not have much info. on the number range 430?? yet, the few service papers I have for this range have the men being mobilised in the May 1918, so September/October would be about right for anyone in this range going overseas. I do not yet have the medal rolls for this range but the few who's battalion I do know are skatered beteween the 1st, 4th & 7th Battalions. As for him being wounded, I can only surgest looking through the Times lists beween late September 1918 & Jan 1919.

Sorry I could not be of more help

Annette