Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Another addition to the collection

Guest tafski

Looks like new Bruce. Did you have to clean it up, or was it in this condition when you had it?

Either way, very nice indeed.

Cheers,

Mike

Tafski,

very nice, similar to the one I was issued 'back in 75' it was a second hand (mouth) then, will have to sort it out and try and check how old it is!

Regards and best wishes,

Scottie.

Looks like new Bruce. Did you have to clean it up, or was it in this condition when you had it?

Either way, very nice indeed.

Cheers,

Mike

Mike this is how it arrived dont think i will be doing anything to it, ,its the first I have seen dated 1914 , think next projet will be the toffe apple hopefully that will just be a paint job :)

tafski :poppy:

Blimey - don't brush it too hard !!

(Sent you an e-mail by the way)

Cheers,

Mike

Bruce you have a long way to go mate, heres a few from my collection.

Mick

It started with 2 with family connections my own Prison Service and my old mans Fire Service whistle then it just sort of ermmm....grew

This is the cream of the early ones.

Mick

@ auchonvillerssom

Hi There

Ref. post#8

The whistle on the left of the photo, dated 1911, has it got "13, Barr St Birmingham" on it? Also, a WO mark?

Cheers

Dave

The 1911. Yes it is 13 Barr Street which as we know this address was used from 1888 - 1909 . Yes It is braod arrow marked. It also has usual patent number.

Mick

The 1913 one is marked in the same way.

Mick

Thanks for that Mick

I'm trying to put together the family inherited ww1 stuff I have. I have the 1911 whistle, a smle oiler, a .303 round with the bullet inserted point face in the cartridge and a photo of a serjeant in the KOYLI! I am LOST. The MD of Hudsons Whistles, Mr Topman, reckons the 1911 whistle is worth, Shhhhhh..........£50.00

Thanks for that Mick

I'm trying to put together the family inherited ww1 stuff I have. I have the 1911 whistle, a smle oiler, a .303 round with the bullet inserted point face in the cartridge and a photo of a serjeant in the KOYLI! I am LOST. The MD of Hudsons Whistles, Mr Topman, reckons the 1911 whistle is worth, Shhhhhh..........£50.00

If you get the bidders who want them, the earlier dated whistles can go for far higher than that. The ones I am after now are specific dates from 1920's.

Mick

If you get the bidders who want them, the earlier dated whistles can go for far higher than that. The ones I am after now are specific dates from 1920's.

Mick

Hi, Just for the record, I have found the original letter from Mr Topman MD @ Hudsons:

An infantry whistle made 1911.

Has 1900 patent numbers on top and the VERY RARE "Hudsons Patent" body stamp.

The arrow is the defence department inspectors seal of approval.

Interestingly, we left No. 13 Barr Street in 1910, so the whistle was probably made in 1910 for an advance military contract.

Value £50.00

A Good Whistle!

(Can't believe it, but letters dated 2001).

Cheers

Dave