Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

British 60th Division,Palestine, 25 October to 15 November 1917.

206thCEF

The study asks what important lessons may be learned from the operations of the 60th Division in Palestine from 25 October to 15 November 1917. Topics include night operations and issues regarding training. There are four plates included at the end of the document. The plates show the situation on October 30th, the plan of attack against Beersheba on 31 October, the attack formation of the 60th Division, and the plan of attack on the Kauwakah position on November 6, 1917.

Joe

http://cgsc.cdmhost.com/cgi-bin/showfile.e...earch=%221st%22

Joe,

Being a student of the Division, that is just awesome! :D

Just read most of it and ...... what can I say ........ outstanding.

Cheers Andy.

Well Andy, just glad I was able to help.

Thanks and Cheers

Joe

JOE-------Many thanks for posting this study. My Gt Uncle, Pt .L. Sealey was with the 2/23rd londons at the attack across the waddi at Sheria---he was Bayoneted and shot in the hip--he died of these wounds 13 days later after being sent back to the Citadel hospital in Cairo. For the first time i have seen a detailed drawing of the area and the battle and I THANK YOU FOR IT!!!!!

Until now I have only been able to "imagine" the scene of battle from the written description in the 23rd LondonReg't official history. I have some photos of the aftermath of the exploding Turkish ammunition dump which I think where taken by a photographer in the 2/22nd Londons. Do you know of any other photos of the area pre or post Nov 6/7th? I have not yet studied the report closely -----(I wanted to thank you for this posting first)-

Can't wait to study it in depth------"cheers" Dave.

Well Dave, I'm happy to know that this subject is close to your heart. I'm sorry to disappoint you because I am not the author, for that you would have to thank a Captain A.D.Warnock, US Army in 1931 (I wonder what happened to him....), a student at the Command and General Staff School, Fort Leavenworth,Kansas.

As for other photographs, perhaps some other distinguished members of this Forum could help you on this subject.

Again Dave, Thank you very much for your comments they are greatly appreciated.

Regards

Joe