The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Liverpool Museums

bantamforgot

Could a member advise which is the museum to contact in Liverpool re. ww1 ? Have tried the Williamson but not of any great assistance.

Thanking you.

Colin.

When you say Museum there are archives in the Maritime Museum regarding the Kings Liverpool Regiment. There are records located in the Liverpool Library which is situated next to the Museum on William Brown Street are you after anything in particular ?

Also the Miltary History side of the Liverpool Museum has been put into storage for the transfer to the new Waterfront Museum opening in about 2010?

Many thanks for the replies.

As I have found in the past things are always moving around in Liverpool. However as you might

have guessed it is data connected with the "Bantams", especially the 15th. 16th. service battalions of

the Cheshires, I am seeking.

Yes I have the various books connected with same but it is with other aspects of the Battalions I am

always looking for. As you rightly state The "Kings" are well sourced but the "Bantams" who

originated in the city are as neglected as they are in the military.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers.

Colin.

The Cheshires' Bantams battalions were from [mainly] Birkenhead, and I suspect your best bet is the regimental museum at Chester.

D

The person to contact is Steve Magreal, editor of 'Cheerio' magazine of Merseyside branch W.F.A.

Regards Gill