Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

D P Warburton 2BN Tank Corps 28 September 1918

Terry Jackson

I am researching details of the above soldier who was KIA 28/9/18. I have details of his burial, but am struggling to find in what action he would have been taking. (His family have noted Dof D as 27/9, so perhaps he died of wounds.) He transfered from the RFC to the Corps, date unknown.

Hi Terry,Welcome to the Forum this is your mans medal card,and you can get a bit of information from the CWGC they have his D.O.D 28th Sept 1918.

post-10020-1246175372.jpg

If you go to the top of the page,go into The Long Long Trail it can help you with info on how to look for soldiers.

all the best Gary.

Hi Terry,Welcome to the Forum this is your mans medal card,and you can get a bit of information from the CWGC they have his D.O.D 28th Sept 1918.

post-10020-1246175372.jpg

If you go to the top of the page go into The Long Long Trail,will help you with info on how to look for soldiers.

all the best Gary.

Gary, thanks for the information. I have the details of his burial from CWGC. My research is for my physiopherapist. He is a distant relative of him ,so details are a bit sparse. I would like to find out in what action he was on the DOD. The official history doen't really help.

Best wishes. Terry

Hi Terry and welcome to the forum

The simplest way would be to check the Bn war diary - one of the Forum pals is likely to have it so just hang on in there

Stephen

The simplest way would be to check the Bn war diary - one of the Forum pals is likely to have it so just hang on in there

Stephen

Stephen

Thanks Stephen, Terry

checking the "History of the Tanks" by Basil Liddell-Hart there was a major action on 27 Septmeber when First and Third Army pushed through the German lines on the Canal du Nord. Although 2nd Bn is not mentioned in the history, the location of his grave makes ir reasonable that he was invovled in this action.