Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Pals On The Somme

Paul Reed

Nice to see so many Pals on the Somme today; several at the militaria fair in Albert, and Iain McHenry, Simon Bull and Trenchwalker while I was on duty at Delville Wood during the course of the day.

As always, good to put faces to names.

Hi I was at the Albert militay fair on sunday, I was with my friend Terry who is also a member of the forum. It was my first time to the fair, but to be honest I was all that impressed. I over heard someone saying it was better around four years ago. I also poped into Delville Wood for a quick coffee, I saw you Paul, but you was talking to someone so I didn't want to be rude and but in.

Just got back from France today - sad to say it was the worst Albert Fair I can remember. The quality of items has declined to a new level while the prices have done the oposite. I just could not find anything to spend my money on...

Still, had a wonderful week on the Somme, good weather and some great walks.

ey up

sadley i didnt get much of a chance off to talk to you paul its was great to talk to you for what short time i had on the somme.

for anyone going to the albert fair the best place for bargains aint in the fair its the white vans outside includeing 3 rum jars for 25 euros.

but did get to see the diggers in belgium and lay a wreath at the menin gate

and meet a huge number of pals.

Guest Simon Bull

Good to meet Paul and Iain. Also met Andy Robertshaw and various archaeologists doing a dig at Avril's - interesting.

Simon Bull