The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

MG08/15 Dug Up.

Mark Finneran

Apologies if this is not quite the right place for this submission, as it is relic I thought it belonged elsewhere - maybe wrong.

As you can see this once dug up has been beautifully restored with missing items added. I am hoping to help the owner 'return' it to some equal status with replacing the immaculate items with pieces in less good condition. anybody any ideas/sources please. The woodwork, muzzle assembly, water connector port, trigger assembly are all excellent.

Thanks.

018rjb.th.jpg

025stv.th.jpg

Mark,

Wonderful restoration. Where was it dug up. Was in remarkably good condition. Are the pieces added repro or a mix of real and repro?

Would love to know more.

Many thanks

TT

PS nice to have another MG buff aboard...

This is in the hands of a local Belgian collector so i shall ask him where he picked it up from. I have had the fortune to inspect it closely and all parts are 100% original, although my only 'jealous' criticism is that the replacement parts are all in excellent condition. It has been 'over painted' in a preserving black paint as used on fire guards.

I am in close contact with this chap and hoping to purchase some of his surplus so without sounding too excited I will show images - in case anyone other than you and I - are interested!!! I may put in a bid for this too so if anybody requires some new 08/15 parts and has 'used/rough' pse standby.

ps I do remind myself that this excellent forum caters for all interests so do not want to labour the collector element too much :wub:

Mark,

Wonderful restoration. Where was it dug up. Was in remarkably good condition. Are the pieces added repro or a mix of real and repro?

Would love to know more.

Many thanks

TT

Mark,

Would love to know more.

Many thanks

TT