Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Linesman

genevrac

Hello,

Firstly apologies if this question has already been asked! I am just on the verge of purchasing Linesman but understand that they do not sell the PDA's with the package so wondered if anyone can give me the best advice as to which PDA would be the most effective to buy?

Many thanks in anticipation of your answers!

Kind regards

Genevra

Genevra

Have a search on the Forum for "Linesman" as there are a few threads which discuss it. As for kit, I understand the Mio P550 is one option but there will be others.

Regards

Brian

Suggest you PM forum member Guy Smith - he is the developer of Linesman so his advice would be worth having

Phil

For me to advise you, is a bit like telling you what car to buy. I could suggest a Skoda, because it is cheap as chips, but you might have your heart set on a Porsche!

Anything that runs Windows Mobile will be suitable, but screen size, and other features are really down to pocket.

Personally, I run an O2 XDA Orbit. Screen is small, but very readable. If you intend to do a lot of in car use then the XDA Zest above, is a good bet, as the screen is larger.

By the way, if you have an O2 mobile tarrif, you can get these as a free upgrade (because they are phones too).

Otherwise there are a myriad of options. From cheap secondhand units on ebay for almost nothing, with or without GPS, and needing external GPS added. Right up to some very expensive rugged outdoor units that you can drop off a cliff into a lake without worry.

It also depends quite how techy you are.

My recommendation:

The O2 XDA Zest is available brand new on Pay and Go (no ongoing tarrif) for under £200, available at O2 shops. You don't actually need to use the phone if you don't want to.

Get them quick before they run out of stock!

Cheers

Guy