Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Coo-ee-Won't YOU come?

michaeldr

Guest Pete Wood

Thanks for going to the trouble of typing out all these details, Michael.

I shall do my best to attend two of these events.

G'day

• 2 weeks later...

As the weekend approaches and you may already be planning how to spend your time, I am taking the opportunity to bring this topic back to the head of the column.

Please use the link in the first post to see which of the thirty or so Anzac/Gallipoli Day events is convenient for you: on the 23rd in Edinburgh and Sutton Veny, and on 25th for the rest of the UK

Regards

Michael D.R.

Thanks for the info, Michael. I'll be attending the Anzac Day ceremony to be held at the Commonwealth War Graves Cemetery in Hodogaya (Yokohama), Japan.

Michael,

Thankyou very much for going to the trouble of posting the ceremonies for Anzac Day in the UK/Europe.

I was not able to locate what I believed to be an approprate place for rememberance of Anzac Day when I lived in London more than 10 years ago - perhaps I just did not know where to look?

There seems to an ever increasing interest in Anzac Day and Gallipoli within Australia and the world. I am always amazed by the increasing numbers of Australians that attend Anzac Day Rememberance Ceremonies. The numbers in Sydney alone have seemingly tripled in the last 10 to 15 years.

Less we forget ALL combatants killed at Gallipoli!

Regards

Geoff S

The growing interest is good to see Geoff.

Many people outside Australia might be surprised to learn that during the Anzac Day march, British, American, Greek, Dutch, Vietnamese veterans etc who now live in Australia all join in the march with their Australian & New Zealand counterparts.

In Perth this year I understand that, being the year of the Olympics, the Greek contingent will be leading the march.