Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

New CWGC Commemorations

Terry Denham

CWGC added the following 'new' WW1 casualties to its Debt of Honour database today – Monday 8th June.

L/Cpl Joseph BELL

15751 8th Bn, Somerset Light Infantry

Died 05.04.18 Age 22

Commemoration: Arras Memorial, France

Pte George Lancelot BENNETT

35586 1st Bn, Northumberland Fusiliers

Died 09.04.17 Age 21

Commemoration: Arras Memorial, France

Pte Alexander FEAVIOUR

3/9493 3rd Bn, Suffolk Regiment

Died 16.07.20 Age 46

Buried: Wisbech (Walsoken) Cemetery, Norfolk

Pte Ernest KILLINGWORTH

326710 4/1st Bn, Cambridgeshire Regiment

Died 02.05.19 Age 35

Buried: Emneth (St Edmund) New Churchyard, Norfolk

NOT FORGOTTEN

The first two above are In From The Cold Project cases.

L/Cpl Bell was killed in action

(Volunteer: Adrian Wright)

Pte Bennett was killed in action

(Volunteer: Neil Mackenzie)

The second two were put forward on 23.11.08 and 06.01.09 respectively on behalf of member, Chris Harley.

May They Rest In Peace

Alexander Edward Feaviour was born 7th June 1884 at Harleston, Norfolk. He had 4 brothers Robert & Arthur being the only ones that I can read from the documents available. He served a 4 year apprenticeship as a coachmaker.

He had enlisted as a member of the 4th Vol Bn Norfolk Regt date unknown - he enlisted into the Norfolk Regt as a regular 3rd October 1906 at Norwich service no 7308. Posted to the 1st Bn 16th February 1907. After only 268 days service he was discharged as medically unfit 27th June 1907 - cause Rheumatic Fever - His intended place of residence on discharge was London Road, Harleston.

On to the 31st August 1914 he enlists as member of the 3rd Bn Suffolk Regt - he now shown as resident in Wisbech occupation coachmaker. His attestation papers show that he was member of the class II National Reserve. He is married to Rose H Feaviour (born March 1889) their address being 41 Prince Street, New Walsoken, Wisbech (they married in Aug 1914). His MIC shows arrival in France 3rd Dec 1914. He is discharged as being unfit 10th July 1915 cause valvular disorder of the heart. This was his cause of death a full 4 years later.

No DC was required in this case as the pension file shows the cause & date of death.

His grave is at present unmarked.

My thanks to Cliff Brown for pointing Alexander out in the first place & Fenland District Council for their help in finding the grave.

Guest KevinEndon

Well done Neil, Adrian and Chris. Chris can we have some photos when his grave has a headstone please,

Kevin

Kevin

will do

Chris

Ernest Killingworth enlisted into the Cambridgeshire Regt 15th November 1915 - an assistant baker of Emneth, Norfolk - his entire service was spent on home service - he was discharged due to diabetes 29th May 1917 - this was the cause of his death

Not that it matters, I don't think I did any Bell's but I know I did some Bennett's.

Good to have some more men IFTC

Neil

Raising a glass to the memory of Joseph, George, Alexander & Ernest. Raising another to Adrian, Neil & Chris for all their efforts.