Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

15th Battalion Royal Irish rifles

1690philip

Hi,

I am taking on a new project and hope to either launch a new website or maybe a local booklet on the Fallen men of the 15th Battalion (North Belfast volunteers) Royal Irish Rifles. I would like to take this opportunity to appeal to any forum members that may have photographs, dairies or any information in relation to these men if they would be grateful to pass it on to assist me. This will probably take a while and I will update the forum on the progress. I will also be making a local appeal to the newspapers. This will be a major project for me so apologies in advance if I ask some silly questions or be posting for information regularly.

Pm me for my email address.

Regards,

Phil

Hi,

I am taking on a new project and hope to either launch a new website or maybe a local booklet on the Fallen men of the 15th Battalion (North Belfast volunteers) Royal Irish Rifles. I would like to take this opportunity to appeal to any forum members that may have photographs, dairies or any information in relation to these men if they would be grateful to pass it on to assist me. This will probably take a while and I will update the forum on the progress. I will also be making a local appeal to the newspapers. This will be a major project for me so apologies in advance if I ask some silly questions or be posting for information regularly.

Pm me for my email address.

Regards,

Phil

was it yourself that contacted me at the Shankill fair about doing a list of men of the 15th batt/...if not someone is already doing this!

Phil - I have a small number of 15th Btn men - will look thyem up.

Des

MarkinBelfast, No was not me did you get any details of what they are going to do or any contact details?

Des Thank you very much for helping.

Regards,

Phil.

ST. QUENTIN CABARET MILITARY CEMETERY - Heuvelland, West-Vlaanderen

STEWART, Rifleman, SAMUEL, 12440. 15th Bn. Royal Irish Rifles. Killed in action 10th January 1917. Age 34. Son of Matthew and Catherine Stewart, of Ballymena, Co. Antrim; husband of Annie Stewart, of 3, Lower Urney St., Belfast. I. B. 40.

Hi Phil,

There are lots of press cuttings in the Irish times archive website,Iwas reserching it yesterday and saw a few articles of the regiment

regards

Gerry

Thanks Des for the information.

DonDon thanks for the pointer toward the website, I will Pm you if I have any problems.

Thanks again to Des and Don.

Regards,

Phil